Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Stamps of Approval


When I went to camp for the Women's Weekend, one of the crafts I did in the Hobby Nook was stamp making, part of a class on Letterboxing. Letterboxing is a fabulous centuries-old hobby that involves following treasure-map-like instructions to find boxes people have hidden. Inside each box is a rubber stamp and a notebook. The finder herself brings a rubber stamp. As the guest, she stamps her mark in the notebook. Then she stamps the box's mark in her own book. Over time, collections develop -- within the box and in the participant's book.

Fastforward to my life. I don't get out on treasure hunts much these days. But I do appreciate the heck out of rubber stamps. In my class I made a lamb and a panda, for my Elisa Lamb and Amanda Panda. I printed them on postcards that I sent to the girls, the first postcards they ever received. (Come to think of it, I should show them the postcards so this isn't purely a from-me-to-me exercise).



Some day we'll get to step this up and go on real letterboxing adventures ourselves. For the moment, I'll let them nap while I build their baby books. I can't think of a better rainy day adventure than that.

9 comments:

ytryeyre said...

Consider the type of fairing mounting that you desire. Hogan Online Do you want fork mounted fairings that turns as you turn the handle bars thus allowing you to direct the headlights or do you prefer the frame mounted fairings that are firmly attached Cheap D&G Sunglasses to the motorcycle and cannot move? Ensure that the type of fairing you choose will allow for visibility and enable you to easily handle the motorcycle. Finally, consider the cost of each option, Abercrombie and Fitch Clothing as this will very much determine the type of motorcycle fairings you will buy. Purchase fairings within your budget while you simultaneously consider all the other factors listed herein as you buy your motorcycle fairings.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I honestly like reading your posts, thank you! Many people are like loose pearls much, Ladies are crazy about freshwater pearl jewelry. If you are interested in pearl strands, just come to know more things. We hope we can offer you any help. Hope you can do more article and I'll keep an eye on you.

Anonymous said...

I love your site! Thanks for insights! I got the idea of starting a freshwater pearl bracelet line from you. Awesome collection. I am also a freshwater pearl jewelry blogger. Great Job! i wish there will be more about pearl jewelry set. I like all things piked and I would try to come here time and again for more updates. Thank you very much

Anonymous said...

This is a great inspiring article. I am pretty much pleased with your good work. You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep writing. Looking to reading your next post. i have my post site about freshwater pearl strand. if you have any interest in fresh water pearl, i really wish you can have a look. it will help you know more about pearl jewelry set. they really graceful.

Jassica said...

Thanks for your marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you would be a great author.
Save with Banyo on Gazco Gas Fires, also check our latest range of Gazco Studio 1 on sale at special discounted prices.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 2 Gas Fires. We deliver across UK.

Banyo is a specialized retailer selling Gazco Gas Fire Products and accessories with manufacturer guarantee. Great deal for Gazco Studio 3. We deliver across UK. Order Online: 011-627-44-059
Hot Offers
Clearance & Special Offers

Anonymous said...

push up bra
partytent
push up bh
trägerloser bh
rückenfreie bh
push up bh
container verhuur
container huren
puin afvoeren
bouwafval container
bedrijfsafval
Soutien gorge sans bretelles

Hasnain Dill said...

Partytent offertes met een stevige korting. Vergelijk alle huur en verhuur partytent leveranciers bij u in de regio van uw feestlocatie en ontvang een stevige korting! Partytent

Hasnain Dill said...

Klebe BH | Brust-anhebenden Push-up Klebe BH wird von 3M hergestellt und eignet sich perfekt für trägerlose oder rückenfreie und strapless Kleidung.Bra Tape

Pakistani Talk Shows said...

This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article.
Pakistani Talk Shows, Dramas Online, Drama Online, Pakistani Dramas, Urdu Columns, Hum TV Dramas, ARY Dramas, Urdu News