Tuesday, April 10, 2007

April 10, 2007 Newsletter

My dear friends,

Here’s a quick note about noteworthy art events you should check out:

1. Words, Art & Poetry – a show I’m in (Alexandria, VA),
2. Smithsonian Craft Show – a show my former step-brother, a glass blower, is in (DC),
3. Hoopla Traders – a one-woman show I’ll be putting on next February (DC), and
4. CraftyPod – An Internet radio show that’s interviewing me about my business.


1. WORDS, ART, & POETRY
April 13 to 29, 2007

I have two pieces in this Del Ray Artisans show, which explores the juxtaposition of words and visual art. See my blog at www.FiberOfHerBeing.blogspot.com for a sneak-peak at the quilt made from my Mexico travel journal, “My Mexico.”

Place: The Nicholas Colasanto Center, 2704 Mt. Vernon Ave., Alexandria, VA 22301.
Times: Opening reception Friday, April 13, from 7:00 to 10:00 p.m. After that, Saturdays 10:00 to 4:00 and Sundays 12:00 to 4:00 through April 29.
For more info: www.TheDelRayArtisans.org

2. SMITHSONIAN CRAFT SHOW
April 19 to 22, 2007

My former step-brother, Pablo Soto, is a phenomenal glass artist in Penland, North Carolina, and will be showing some of his work at the 25th Annual Smithsonian Craft Show. For pictures of his glass, see http://www.smithsoniancraftshow.org/content/Exhibitors/Glass/Gls_Soto5.html. For information on the show overall, see http://www.smithsoniancraftshow.org/indexmain.asp?content=Glass.

3. HOOPLA TRADERS
February 9 to March 3, 2008

I will be holding a one-woman show next February in this artsy Capitol Hill shop. See www.HooplaTraders.com to learn more about the store’s fair trade, hand made, earth friendly enterprise. You can see previous featured artists and their work at http://hooplatraders.com/page.cfm?PageID=62.

4. CRAFTYPOD PODCAST
May 4, 2007

I will be interviewed for a CraftyPod podcast (an Internet radio show) about the business of Fiber of Her Being… the concepts behind my art, some marketing strategies, and my custom artwork business model. To hear the interview, go to www.CraftyPod.com and follow the instructions. Welcome to Cyberspace and 2007!

Thanks,
Kay

No comments: