Saturday, September 09, 2006

Alexandria Arts Safari and Festival for the Arts






I had a fabulous day today sharing lots of art with lots of people. At the Arlington Arts Safari, perched on plastic chairs outside the Fiberworks Gallery in the Torpedo Factory, I made lots of friends and lots of paper Treasure Boxes. I got pictures of my friends Cameron (blonde with bangs), Linden and Bonnie (sisters in aqua and white shirts), and Jasmine (dark hair and royal blue shirt). We had a grand time. I also saw my friends Luke, Betsy and Francisco Balicao; Bailey, Sidney, Aimee, and Mark Weinstein; Anna, Larry, and Patty Lai; and the ever-loving Marcy Goode (Mom).

While that extravaganza was going on inside, the Alexandria Festival of the Arts was happening outside. One of my pieces, "Blue Men of Alexandria," was featured in the Local Color booth, sponsored by the Alexandria Commission for the Arts. The booth will be up tomorrow, too, September 10, and then will hang in the Alexandria City Hall until October 7. I've included a couple pictures of that booth. We all have to live through these pictures: Mom took them while I was box-making all day, and I never even saw my baby on display in person. For more information on the Alexandria Festival of the Arts, see the Commission for the Arts website at http://www.alexandriacommissionforthearts.org/. To see a better picture of "Blue Men of Alexandria," see www.FiberOfHerBeing.com/index_files/KaysArt.htm.

5 comments:

t28 Tower Noida said...

Very Creative Art...go ahead...
paras tierea rize t28 tower
paras tierea the rise tower-t28
paras tierea rise tower-t28
rise tower noida
paras rise t28

Hasnain Dill said...

Klebe BH | Brust-anhebenden Push-up Klebe BH wird von 3M hergestellt und eignet sich perfekt für trägerlose oder rückenfreie und strapless Kleidung.Bra Tape

Hasnain Dill said...

Partytent offertes met een stevige korting. Vergelijk alle huur en verhuur partytent leveranciers bij u in de regio van uw feestlocatie en ontvang een stevige korting! Partytent

Michelle Hussey said...

I am so pleased I found this blog, I really got you by an accident, while I was searching for something else. The story and blog you have published is very interesting as well as informatics, Thanks for sharing such type of informatics thing. Below some useful information too........
Gazco Gas Fires, Gazco Stove Fires, Gazco Electric Fires, Gazco Studio 1, Gazco Studio 2, Gazco Studio 3, Gazco Studio 1 Slimline, Gazco Studio 2 Duplex, Gazco Studio 22, Gazco Riva2 500, Gazco Riva2 530, Gazco Riva2 670, Gazco Riva2 800, Gazco Riva2 1050, Gazco Riva 53, Gazco Riva 67
Thanks

Pakistani Talk Shows said...

Watch Pakistani Talk Shows and Hot Political Discussions from ARY, Geo, Dunya, Express and Samaa News live on Bathak